GO THE EXTRAMILE Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE OTHERWISE PROHIBITED OR LAW.
The Go The ExtraMile Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by ExtraMile Convenience Stores LLC (“Sponsor”), 6001 Bollinger Canyon Road, San Ramon, CA 94583.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The “Sweepstakes Period” will begin at 12:00:00 AM (midnight) Pacific Time (“PT”) on August 31, 2022, and will end at 11:59:59 PM PT on November 1, 2022.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to those who are or become ExtraMile Extras Members, and who are legal residents of the states of Alabama, Arizona, California, Idaho, Mississippi, Nevada, Oregon, Utah or Washington and who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. If an otherwise eligible individual is not an existing ExtraMile Extras Member at the date of entry he/she may enroll in the ExtraMile Extras Program by completing the following steps during the Sweepstakes Period: (a) visiting www.extramileextras.com and enrolling for free; or (b) by downloading the ExtraMile Extras Mobile App, which can be downloaded for free from the I-Tunes or Google Play stores and in either case thereby become an eligible individual. If an otherwise eligible individual has an ExtraMile Extras Loyalty Card, that card must be registered with ExtraMile during the Sweepstakes Period. He/she can register his/her Loyalty Card by visiting www.extramileextras.com or downloading the free ExtraMile Extras Mobile App following the new account registration instructions. All ExtraMile Extras Members are encouraged to review and update their ExtraMile Extras accounts to ensure that the e-mail address, telephone numbers and street addresses are current.
Employees of Sponsor, Chevron Products Company, a division of Chevron U.S.A. Inc., Drake Cooper, KickBack Points LLC, Mercury Promotions & Fulfillment (“Mercury”), Tango Card, Inc., PepsiCo., and each of their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliate companies and distributors and advertising, promotion and production agencies, and employees and the members of each of their immediate family (e.g., spouse, parent, child, sibling, and the “steps” of each) and persons living in the same household of each (collectively referred to as “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to enter or win. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Participation in the Sweepstakes by the entrant constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
Persons satisfying the requirements of this Rule 2 are eligible entrants.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: Anytime during the Sweepstakes Period, an eligible entrant (“Entrant”) may enter the Sweepstakes as follows:
- Purchase Method of Entry: During the Sweepstakes Period, an Entrant will receive an entry into the Sweepstakes by purchasing either (i) a Krispy Krunchy Chicken Sandwich and a 28-ounce Gatorade, (ii) a Brown Bag Sandwich or (iii) a Deli Fresh Sandwich and scan his/her ExtraMile Extras app or card along with the purchase at a participating ExtraMile® retail store.
- Alternate Method of Entry: An Entrant may receive an entry into the Sweepstakes without making a purchase by mailing a First-Class Mail postcard that complies with United States Postal Service regulations and measuring no more than 4 ¼ inches high by 6 inches long. Envelopes are not valid entries and will not be accepted. The postcard must contain the following information: name, address (No P.O. Boxes), city, state, ZIP Code, telephone number, email address, date of birth and his/her ExtraMile Extras account number. Mail to: Go The ExtraMile Sweepstakes, 35610 Mound Road, Dept. 2045, Sterling Heights, MI 48310-4725. All entries must be postmarked not later than November 1, 2022 and received not later than November 7, 2022. No mechanically reproduced or photocopied entries will be accepted. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged, illegible, inaccurate, incomplete or postage-due entries. Mail-in entries not complying with the requirements or containing all the information requested in this Rule 3(B) will be disqualified.
Entries become the Sponsor’s property and will not be returned. No form of entry other than specified herein is permitted.
Limit: One (1) entry per person/email/phone/postmark date/ExtraMile Extras Account per day regardless of method of entry. Additional attempts to submit an entry from the same person are void and may result in disqualification.
Eligible Entries are (a) all postcard entries received on or before November 7, 2022 that comply with the above rules, and (b) all other entries received during the Sweepstakes Period that comply with the above rules.
4. WINNER SELECTION: On or about November 8, 2022, there will be a drawing from among all Eligible Entries. Sponsor or its authorized representative will randomly select one (1) potential “Grand Prize” winner and thirty (30) potential “First Prize” winners from all Eligible Entries. The potential winners will be provided with instructions on how to claim his/her prize as set forth in Rule 5 of these Official Rules, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. A potential winner who establishes she/he is an Eligible Entrant and in compliance with these Official Rules is a “Winner.” The Grand Prize and First Prize are collectively referred to as “Prize(s).”
5. PRIZES, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”), AND ODDS OF WINNING:
- Grand Prize (1): The “Grand Prize” Winner will receive Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000) in digital gift cards as defined in this Rule 5A. ARV: $5,000. The Grand Prize Winner will receive a “Rewards Link” to the Tango digital platform in an e-mail from the Sponsor or its authorized representative. The Winner must then click on the “Rewards Link” in the e-mail which will allow the Winner to redeem the Grand Prize using the Tango platform. The Winner can select his/her choice of, “Rewards.” The total of all Rewards selected by the winner may not exceed $5,000.
- First Prizes (30): Each “First Prize” Winner will receive One Thousand Dollars ($1,000) in digital gift cards as defined in this Rule 5B. ARV: $1,000 each. Each First Prize Winner will receive a “Rewards Link” to the Tango digital platform in an e-mail from the Sponsor or its authorized representative. Each Winner must then click on the “Rewards Link” in the e-mail which will allow the Winner to redeem the First Prize using the Tango platform. The winner can select his/her choice of “Rewards.” The total of all Rewards selected by the winner may not exceed $1,000.
- Total ARV: The total ARV of all Prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes is Thirty-five Thousand Dollars ($35,000).
- Odds of Winning: The odds of winning the Grand Prize or a First Prize depend on the number of Eligible Entries.
- Limitation: No more than one prize per person/household/email/phone/ExtraMile Extras Account.
- Rewards Link: The Rewards Link is managed by Tango Card, Inc. Reward Links expire on the date stated on the Reward and are valid within the USA only. Reward Links are issued to Reward Recipient without charge for loyalty, award, or promotional purposes, and are not sold to consumers. A Winner’s Reward Link balance may be redeemed for national gift cards and can be accessed at any time by clicking the Reward Link URL. Rewards can only be redeemed by the Reward Recipient; Reward cannot be transferred, sold or exchanged. All redemptions are final. Reward Link balances from different programs cannot be combined. No fees apply to Reward Link. Please treat like cash. Please view Reward Link Terms of Service at https://www.rewardsgenius.com/reward-link-terms-of-service. Use of this Reward constitutes acceptance of the Reward Link Terms of Service. Separate terms and conditions apply after Reward Link redemption based on merchant selected for redemption.
- Note Applicable to all Prizes: Prizes are not transferable or substitutable except that Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, substitute a prize with one of equal or greater value. All costs and expenses not included above, e.g., federal, state, or local taxes, are solely the responsibility of each Winner. All prizes will be awarded provided there is a sufficient number of Entrants and a sufficient number of potential winners who claim prizes and become Winners as provided in Rule Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and randomly select an alternate potential winner in the event: a potential winner is unreachable; the prize notification is not responded to or is returned as undeliverable; a potential winner declines acceptance of a Prize; or if in Sponsor’s determination, a potential winner has not complied with these Official Rules.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION: All potential winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. The potential Grand Prize and First Prize winners will receive notification via e-mail on or about November 15, 2022. Each potential Prize winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (except where prohibited) and any other requested documents within five (5) calendar days from the date of attempted notification, or the Prize may be forfeited in its entirety and awarded to an alternate potential winner, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
If any potential winner is disqualified, found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept a Prize, or in the event a potential winner fails to return any required paperwork within the allotted timeframe (if applicable), the Prize may be forfeited. If a Prize is forfeited for any reason, it may be awarded to an alternate potential winner, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, selected at random from the remaining pool of Eligible Entries. If Sponsor is unable to award any Prize after three (3) good faith attempts, the Prize may not be awarded. Each potential winner may be required to furnish proof of identification and other proof of eligibility under these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible or liable for entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or other non-human mechanism, entity or device), in excess of the stated limit, or for entries that are late, forged, destroyed, lost, misplaced, stolen, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled, or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules, and all such entries will be disqualified. The right to receive a prize is non-assignable, non-transferable and no prize substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed, except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in case of the unavailability of a prize or force majeure. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are solely the responsibility of each Winner. Mercury will issue an IRS Form 1099-MISC for each Winner. ARVs are as of the time the Official Rules were printed and the value of the prize may fluctuate. A Winner is not entitled to any difference between the ARV and the actual value of the prize at the time the prize is awarded. All other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein shall be solely each Winner’s responsibility.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Entities, and each of their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers and each their respective officers, directors, stockholders, members, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (i) entries that are lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due or undeliverable e-mail or postal mail; (ii) any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability; (iii) garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/Website/UseNet accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; (iv) any technical, mechanical, programming, printing or typographical or other error; (v) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information; (vi) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Website; (vii) any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to participants or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a Prize; and (viii) entries that are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees: (i) to forever and irrevocably release and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) his or her preparation for, travel to, or his or her participation in the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any Sweepstakes-related activity or element thereof, and the entrant’s entries (b) acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of a prize (or any component thereof).
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or proceed with the Sweepstakes, including the selection of winners in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including the selection of winners from among Eligible Entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. In no event will more prizes be awarded than are stated in these Official Rules. In the event due to technical, typographical, human, mechanical or other errors, there are more potential winners than are stated in these Official Rules, a random drawing among the excessive number of potential winners will be held to determine the potential winners.
Without limiting the foregoing, everything regarding this Sweepstakes, including the Prizes, are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
8. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Macomb County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan. Entrants agree that the statute of limitations for asserting any claims with respect to this Sweepstakes shall be no longer than a period of one (1) year from the time the cause of action accrued, or the cause of action shall be forever barred.
10. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, Entrant agrees to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right, where lawful, to use his/her name, biographical information, photos and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law. IF ENTRANT IS CHOSEN AS A WINNER, ENTRANT’S PERSONAL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PLACING ENTRANT’S NAME ON A WINNERS LIST.
11. GENERAL: By entering this Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to abide by and accept these Official Rules throughout the Sweepstakes Period and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winning entry is the natural person who is assigned the Instagram account. Sponsor reserves the right, to disqualify any individual found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to annoy, harass, abuse or disrupt any person or the normal operation of this Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Sweepstakes will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and any individual suspected of utilizing such methods will be disqualified, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned and no communication will be entered into. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in any Sweepstakes-related Materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
12. WINNERS LIST: Any person wishing to receive a list of Winners must send a self-addressed, business sized, properly stamped envelope to: Go The ExtraMile Sweepstakes Request, 35610 Mound Road, Dept 900, Sterling Heights MI 48310. Requests must be received no later than December 30, 2022.
All trademarks belong to their respective owners.
© 2022 by ExtraMile Convenience Stores LLC. All Rights Reserved