GO THE EXTRAMILE SURPRISE AND DELIGHT GIVEAWAYS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR LAW.
The Go The ExtraMile Surprise and Delight Giveaways (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by ExtraMile Convenience Stores LLC (“Sponsor”), 3875 Hopyard Road Suite 240, Pleasanton, CA 94588.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD AND ENTRY PERIOD: The “Sweepstakes Period” will begin at 12:00:00 AM (midnight) Pacific Time (“PT”) on May 22, 2023 and will end at 11:59:59 PM PT on December 18, 2023, provided, however that an entrant may only enter the Sweepstakes during an active Entry Period as set forth in the table below. During the Sweepstakes Period there will be ten (10) “Entry Periods” as set forth below.
|Entry Periods||Start Date (at 12:00 A.M. PT)||End Date (at 11:59:59 P.M. PT)||Drawing and Notification Date|
Non-winning entries in any given Entry Period will not carry forward into future Entry Periods. All drawings will be conducted as set forth in Section 4.
- 2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the states of Alabama, Arizona, California, Idaho, Mississippi, Nevada, Oregon, Utah or Washington who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
Employees of Sponsor, Chevron Products Company, a division of Chevron U.S.A. Inc., Drake Cooper, Orci Advertising Agency, Mercury Promotions & Fulfillment (“Mercury” or “Administrator”), and each of their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliate companies and distributors and advertising, promotion and production agencies, and employees and the members of each of their immediate family (e.g., spouse, parent, child, sibling, and the “steps” of each) and persons living in the same household of each (collectively referred to as “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to enter or win. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Participation in the Sweepstakes by the entrant constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
- 3. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: During an active Entry Period as set forth in Section 1, Sponsor will post on the @chevronextramile Instagram account (a “Post”). An eligible entrant (“Entrant”) must then like the individual Post and comment on the Post following the instructions including any hashtags as required as set forth in the Post (the “Comment”). For one complete Comment, the Entrant will receive one (1) entry into the applicable Entry Period.
Limit: One (1) entry per person/Instagram Account/phone per Entry Period. Additional attempts to submit an entry from the same person or account are void and may result in disqualification.
By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrant hereby agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Sponsor may disqualify any Comments that are deemed to contain unsuitable material in Sponsor’s sole discretion. (i.e., the Comment may not be obscene, indecent or otherwise offensive as determined by Sponsor).
The Entrant must have a non-private Instagram account to enter the Sweepstakes and must be a follower of @chevronextramile until January 30, 2024, for winner notification purposes to be eligible to win/claim the Prize, as set forth in Section 6.
Message & Data Rates may apply to each message sent or received using a mobile device. Other charges may apply. Entrants should check their mobile plan for rates and other details. Once a Comment has been posted, it may not be deleted, edited or modified by the Entrant.
4. WINNER SELECTION: On or about each of the Drawing Dates as set forth in Section 1, there will be a drawing for the applicable Entry Period from among all eligible entries received for such Entry Period. Administrator will randomly select one (1) potential Prize winner from among all eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. The potential winner will be notified on or about the Notification Date as set forth in Section 1. The potential winner will be provided with instructions on how to claim his/her Prize as set forth in Section 6 of these Official Rules, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
- 5. PRIZES, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”), AND ODDS OF WINNING:
- A. Prizes (10 total, 1 per Entry Period): Each “Prize” is a $35 egift/digital card that can be redeemed in an ExtraMile Convenience store. The ARV of each Prize is $35.
- B. Total ARV: The total ARV of all Prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes is $350.00.
- C. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
- D. Limitation: No more than one Prize per person/Instagram Account/phone.
- E. eGift Cards: The use of the egift/digital card constitutes the user’s acceptance of the egift/digital card’s terms and conditions on the card. egift/digital cards cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash, except where required by law. egift/digital cards will not be replaced or replenished if lost, stolen, damaged, destroyed or used without your permission and will be voided if altered or defaced.
- F. Note Applicable to all Prizes: Prizes are not transferable or substitutable except that Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, substitute a prize with one of equal or greater value. All costs and expenses not included above, e.g., federal, state, or local taxes, are solely the responsibility of each winner. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and randomly select an alternate potential winner (a) in the event a potential winner is unreachable; the prize notification not being responded to or returned as undeliverable results in the winner being classified as unreachable; (b) a potential winner declines acceptance of a Prize; or (c) in Sponsor’s determination, a potential winner has not complied with these Official Rules.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION: Each potential winner will be contacted by a Direct Message to his/her Instagram Account with instructions on how to claim a Prize.
If any potential winner is disqualified, found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept a prize, or in the event that a winner fails to return any required Direct Message response or email within the allotted timeframe (if applicable), the prize may be forfeited. If a prize is forfeited for any reason, it may be awarded to an alternate potential winner, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, selected at random from the remaining pool of eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period, time permitting. If Sponsor is unable to confirm any winner after three (3) good faith attempts, the prize may not be awarded. Each potential winner may be required to furnish proof of identification and other proof of eligibility under these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible or liable for entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or other non-human mechanism, entity or device), in excess of the stated limit, or for entries that are late, forged, destroyed, lost, misplaced, stolen, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled, or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules, and all such entries will be disqualified. The right to receive a prize is non-assignable, non-transferable and no prize substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed, except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in case of the unavailability of a prize or force majeure. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are solely the responsibility of each winner. Mercury will issue an IRS Form 1099-MISC for each winner whose prize is valued at $600 or more. ARVs are as of the time the Official Rules were printed and the value of the prize may fluctuate. A winner is not entitled to any difference between the ARV and the actual value of the prize at the time the prize is awarded. All other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein shall be solely each winner’s responsibility. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding a prize for any reason. Prizes will only be awarded to verified winners.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Entities, Instagram, and each of their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers and each their respective officers, directors, stockholders, members, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (i) lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due or undeliverable e-mail or postal mail; (ii) any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability; (iii) garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/Website/UseNet accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; (iv) any technical, mechanical, programming, printing or typographical or other error; (v) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information; (vi) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Website; (vii) any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to participants or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a Prize; and (viii) entries that are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees: (i) to forever and irrevocably release and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) his or her preparation for, travel to, or his or her participation in the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any Sweepstakes-related activity or element thereof, and the Entrant’s entries (b) acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of a prize (or any component thereof).
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor and Administrator reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or proceed with the Sweepstakes, including the selection of winners in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including the selection of winners from among entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. In no event will more prizes be awarded than are stated in these Official Rules. In the event that due to technical, typographical, human, mechanical or other errors, there are more potential winners than are stated in these Official Rules, a random drawing among the claimants will be held to determine the winner.
Without limiting the foregoing, everything regarding this Sweepstakes, including the Prizes, are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
8. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Macomb County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan. Entrants agree that the statute of limitations for asserting any claims with respect to this Sweepstakes shall be no longer than a period of one (1) year from the time the cause of action accrued, or the cause of action shall be forever barred.
10. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, Entrant agrees to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right, where lawful, to use his/her name, biographical information, photos and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law. IF ENTRANT IS CHOSEN AS A WINNER, ENTRANT’S PERSONAL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PLACING ENTRANT’S NAME ON A WINNERS LIST.
11. GENERAL: By entering this Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to abide by and accept these Official Rules throughout the Sweepstakes Period and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winning entry is the natural person who is assigned the Instagram account. Sponsor/Administrator reserves the right, to disqualify any individual found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to annoy, harass, abuse or disrupt any person or the normal operation of this Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Sweepstakes will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and any individual suspected of utilizing such methods will be disqualified, in Sponsor/Administrator’s sole discretion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned and no communication will be entered into. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in any Sweepstakes-related Materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
12. WINNERS LIST: Any person wishing to receive a list of verified winner must send a self-addressed, business sized, properly stamped envelope to Administrator: Go The ExtraMile Surprise and Delight Giveaways Winner List Request, 35610 Mound Road, Dept 900, Sterling Heights MI 48310. Requests must be received no later than February 28, 2024.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
All trademarks belong to their respective owners.
© 2023 by ExtraMile Convenience Stores LLC. All Rights Reserved.